A Little Bio

My photo
Im a Stay at Home Mommy to one Beautiful Daughter. I have an amazing husband and a pretty rocking dog named Moose. I love to cook, bake and read. Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes my house is dirty. But most of all, I love my family and I'm a real mom.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm Back, this time with copycat Chick Fil A nuggets

I know I have a bit absent lately, my apologies. I'm in the process of setting up my own at home business and have been sewing and creating a lot lately. Thus the blog has taken the back seat, but don't fret... I've come back strong!


Let me present, Chick Fil A nuggets!!! My daughter loves nuggets, McDonalds, from the freezer... Anything and everything. I decided to make these while the fryer was already on and hot today but I plan on freezing whatever is left after my taste test. That way I can satisfy her with homemade nuggets next time she asked instead of all the processed ones.

I found the recipe here, but I modified it slightly just to use what chicken I had on hand and decrease the sodium content.

6 chicken breasts cup up into nugget type pieces (I used some that I already had marinated with a Malibu seasoning)
2 1/2 c flour
1/4 c powdered sugar
1 t salt
3 t pepper
1 t paprika
Oil for frying

Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken pieces 10-12 at a time and stir to coat.

Once oil is hot, place nuggets, again, 10-12 at a time in oil and fry for 5 mins. Allow to cool on paper towel covered plates. Once totally cool, transfer to freezer safe containers. I did individual serving sizes so I only need to take out what I plan on using for that meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment