A Little Bio

My photo
Im a Stay at Home Mommy to one Beautiful Daughter. I have an amazing husband and a pretty rocking dog named Moose. I love to cook, bake and read. Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes my house is dirty. But most of all, I love my family and I'm a real mom.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

GF Spaghetti-o's

As promised, here is my Gluten free spaghetti-o recipe.


I surprised my bestie yesterday with a huge batch, and she couldn't be happier. They smell just like the real thing and taste pretty darn close too. I can *almost* promise that these will satisfy your craving for the processed stuff!!

First, let's talk about the pasta. I used Anellini (small ring shaped pasta) to make it look closer to the real thing, but you can use any small pasta you can get your hands on. If you are making this non gluten free, check the Hispanic aisle at the grocery store. They have super cute bags of alphabet and stars for really cheap.

Ok, now the recipe.

* 28 oz can of tomato purée (check the label and make sure it is just tomatoes and water, we are going for plain and cheap here. No spices please)
* 4 cups of water
* 12 oz pasta
* 2 tsp salt
* 1 tap black pepper
* 4 tsp paprika
* 2 tsp sugar
* 1/4 cup milk

Bring purée, water and spices to a boil in a large pot.

While this is heating up, cook pasta according to directions on package. If you are using wheat pasta, you can cook it in the tomato mix but since the GF pasta is more delicate, it has to be precooked.

Allow mixture to cook down for about 10 mins, longer if you want thicker sauce. Taste and add more spices if desired. Don't be afraid of adding more paprika, it adds flavor to this recipe, not spice. Add pasta and milk. Stir to combine.

If you are like me and like a little more creaminess in your spaghetti-o's, feel free to add an ounce or so of cheddar cheese or my personal favorite, velveeta!!

This will make ALOT. It freezes well, so don't be afraid to make a whole batch and put single serve amounts in a bag and freeze for later. When re-heating, you may need to add a little more water. 2 tablespoons worked for me, but you may need more or less depending on how thick your sauce was to start with.

Review coming soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment