A Little Bio

My photo
Im a Stay at Home Mommy to one Beautiful Daughter. I have an amazing husband and a pretty rocking dog named Moose. I love to cook, bake and read. Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes my house is dirty. But most of all, I love my family and I'm a real mom.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Coconut Oil, my new obsession!

Hi everyone! Happy weekend. Hope you are all doing well!

Today I want to tell you about something that I recently discovered, bought and subsequently fell in love with: Coconut Oil. This stuff is amazing. The health benefits alone persuaded me to buy a jar, but the way it makes my skin feel... Well, it's just amazing.
I am wondering why I had never heard of this miracle before now. Like seriously, how did I go 27 years without even a slight mention, no scratch that, a whisper of this amazing oil.

It's been a little over a week since I have been using CO on my skin and sneaking it in to my meals. I not only have super smooth lips and hands (according to my husband), but I feel better... Everything is 'regular' if you know what I mean, and my whole life smells like coconut which is wonderful since it feels like summer here in sunny California!

Now, if you do a little research about the different brands, you are going to find a lot of different options and opinions. I'll make it simple, for me, the decision was regular price, not sale price, and extra virgin. I found my pick at Trader Joes. It is $5.99 a jar which is an amazing price, even the super cheap stuff runs about $9 a jar online. If you have ever been to TJ, you know that sometimes finding what you went for is a hit or miss. But if you ask up front, they can order it and in my case, it was there the next morning. It is made specifically for trader joes and is extra virgin cold pressed, which after doing a little research, I discovered is the best CO for you. Put some in a little
jar to carry in your purse as a sub for your lotion, put the jar by your stove and use it just like you would olive oil. It has a high liquid point, it will remain solid but soft at room temps. You can microwave CO, it is extremely stable and has a very high smoke point.

Anyways, enough rambling. Go check out the links (they havent been posted yet. Sorry!) in this article and decide for yourself. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Also, please check out www.etsy.com/shop/BagsByMac (proceeds until april 28th will be
donated to Walk for Lupus Now) and Walk for Lupus Now 2012
http://donate.lupus.org/site/TR/Walk/General?px=2134026&pg=personal&fr_id=1430

No comments:

Post a Comment