A Little Bio

My photo
Im a Stay at Home Mommy to one Beautiful Daughter. I have an amazing husband and a pretty rocking dog named Moose. I love to cook, bake and read. Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes my house is dirty. But most of all, I love my family and I'm a real mom.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pudding shots

If you are like me, you have become obsessed with pinterest! I love it. I check it on a constant basis and an always inspired by a handful of things. Try as I may, I can't seem to stop thinking about things that I pin and just have to make them.







This was something I saw a few days ago and today, finally had the time to make them. I love this idea because most of us have everything in our house to make it and let's be honest, we all have a reason to make pudding shots, even if it is Sunday afternoon!!

Here is the original link, but also my recipe since I made a few changes.

1 box white chocolate INSTANT pudding mix
3/4 cup cold milk
1/2 cup vodka
1/3 cup amaretto
8 oz cool whip
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/8 cup heavy cream or water
Sprinkles

Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler with either heavy cream or water. Coat the walls and bottom of a silicone mini muffin tin with the melted chocolate. Freeze for 5 mins then repeat. Once you put them in the freezer the second time, start making the pudding.

Mix the pudding mix and milk in a medium sized bowl. Whisk in the alcohol then fold in the cool whip. Make sure you don't have any lumps, and do a taste test if you feel so inclined! Pour into a large ziplock bag with either the end snipped off or prepared with a decorating tip.


Remove the chocolate shells from the Freezer and pop out of the tin. Fill with the pudding mix and allow to harden in the fridge for at least 3 hours, longer if you have the time. The chocolate shells can be made a few days ahead of time but the pudding needs to be freshly made so it pipes into the shells easily.

Just before serving, add some sprinkles.

These are very strong and the sugar masks the actual affects of the liquor. (Think of jello shots!!) Be sure to let your guests know and keep an eye out for any intoxicated possible drivers, take their keys!

No comments:

Post a Comment