A Little Bio

My photo
Im a Stay at Home Mommy to one Beautiful Daughter. I have an amazing husband and a pretty rocking dog named Moose. I love to cook, bake and read. Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes my house is dirty. But most of all, I love my family and I'm a real mom.

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012, Off to a rocky start

Hi! Let me start off by saying that this doesn't happen much in my house. It doesn't happen much to me at all.
I know what my husband likes to eat and since we are living with my parents for a bit, I have figured out what they all like to eat as well. I don't normally go so far off track. Well tonight I wanted to make something with split peas but not soup. Soup is so cold weather and it was 82* here today. So, I searched my favorite recipe site and found an Indian Rice Pilaf that sounded amazing and had great reviews. It was not a hit at my dinner table. My wonderful husband took one bite and said it tasted like cinnamon and my dad seasoned it with his go to spices before even taking a bite. I took a few bites myself and gave up. I'm not saying the recipe was bad, it just wasn't for us. I don't know how I missed the mark... but I would like a do over.

Tomorrow's dinner will have a better outcome! Taco Tuesday, Here I come!!!

Here is the link to the recipe if you are brave and think your family will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment