A Little Bio

My photo
Im a Stay at Home Mommy to one Beautiful Daughter. I have an amazing husband and a pretty rocking dog named Moose. I love to cook, bake and read. Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes my house is dirty. But most of all, I love my family and I'm a real mom.

Friday, January 6, 2012

DIY Memo Book

Im so excited. I love notebooks but I never buy them because they are so expensive and I only use about half before i get tired of the design.
So after doing some digging on Pintrest, I found a DIY project and now I'm in the process of making a memo book. This one will be floating around in my purse for my blog ideas and all the other info that gathers up in my mind on a daily basis.

Ok here is the DIY
The first step is to gather all your materials.
You will need: 
Elmers glue. Any glue will work just fine but I think that name brand is the best.
Regular printer paper folded in half
8x11 cardstock
2 or 3 binder clips
heavy cardboard
Decorated scrapbook paper



 Cut your cardstock in half and place one half on both the front and the back. This will serve as your cover. Now use your binder clips and your cardboard to secure them all together. Make sure that the folded edges are flush together as this is your seam.


Now, put a thin line of glue along the flush edge. Use your fingers to spread it over the length of the seam. Allow to dry, then repeat 4-5 times until you have a nice think bind.



Fold your scrap piece of paper in half and glue the bind of your book. Clip with the binder clips until dry. Remove and you are done!!


I bet you didnt think it was that easy huh? Think of all the money you are going to save by making your own memo books.
You can make them any size. Just make sure you cut your paper accordingly. I like to leave at least one fold in the paper for the bind so it is a little thicker but you can cut them all if you like. 








No comments:

Post a Comment