A Little Bio

My photo
Im a Stay at Home Mommy to one Beautiful Daughter. I have an amazing husband and a pretty rocking dog named Moose. I love to cook, bake and read. Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes my house is dirty. But most of all, I love my family and I'm a real mom.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cheese Chips

For some reason, I get the munchies every night. Sunday, I decided to make some cheese chips so I could at least feel better about my munching since they are low carb and packed with protein.


These are super simple to make. You can use whatever cheese you have in your fridge, shredded, cubed or a big block. Cheddar, provolone, Parm. Literally, whatever you have.

Preheat your oven to 375. Slice cheese using a cheese slicer and then cut into about 1 inch squares. If using shredded or cubed, just use one cube or make a 1 inch pile of shredded. Place on parchment lined baking sheets. You have to use parchment, nothing else will work and you will be left with a huge mess and maybe even a ruined baking sheet. Use parchment.

Bake about 7-9 minutes until the edges start to brown. Use a spatula to transfer to a paper towel to absorb the excess grease. Once they cool, they turn into crispy chips. Super awesome for a late night snack and they are so versatile. Use them for scooping dip or even season with salt, garlic or your choice of spice before baking. I promise you will not be disappointed if you make these today!

No comments:

Post a Comment